Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Outcry in Europe Over Williams Execution

From what I've been reading, it seemed like Williams was doing more good alive than he's now doing dead. Who better to encourage kids not to get into gangs than someone on death row? Executing this guy won't bring back the people he was convicted of killing 30 years ago, so honestly I don't see the benefit of his death. Why couldn't he be allowed to continue educating kids on what happens to gangsters? That would have made a difference.

"To threaten me with death does not accomplish the means of the criminal justice system or satiate those who think my death or my demise will be a closure for them," Williams said.

"Their loved ones will not rise up from the grave and love them. I wish they could. I sympathise or empathize with everyone who has lost a loved one. But I didn’t do it. My death would not mollify them."


Outcry in Europe Over Williams Execution
Melanie Adams
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:15 PM

The California execution of Stanley Williams is causing waves all over the world.

In California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's homeland of Austria, leaders of the Green Party say they want Schwarzenegger's Austrian citizenship stripped.

The death penalty is illegal in the European Union.

Williams was executed for his role in the deaths of four people in the late seventies. Many had called for the death sentence to be overturned because of his recent work to educate children on the dangers of gang violence.


To see a list of books that Williams wrote, visit his website: Tookie's Corner

Read More...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home